“Helping others is one of the greatest gifts you can give.”
I have always been passionate about helping others to achieve better health. I worked for 11 years as a Registered Dietitian providing advice to adults and children for a wide range of complex medical conditions. I have an extensive background in anatomy and physiology that helps me to provide an expert service.
My own positive experience of massage to combat stress and illness inspired me to train as a holistic practitioner. After a cycling accident I suffered for years with chronic pain, poor mobility and anxiety. Massage and acupuncture played a key role in my recovery, and later I discovered myofascial release therapy which has helped me to manage chronic pain long term.
Having reaped the benefits of massage I wanted to support others and applied to Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork and qualified as a holistic massage therapist. Not only did I learn specialist skills, I learnt how powerful the mind-body connection can be and the ability of nurturing touch to promote powerful change in the body. With a background in competitive sports, I went on to train as a Level 5 Sports and Remedial Massage Practitioner and worked with athletes and those wanting to return to sport after injury. This brought me to Myofascial Release Therapy, which I had seen the benefits for managing chronic pain and long standing restrictions in the body. As an advanced specialist I have completed several modules with Myofascial release UK and continue my training. This therapy offers a unique approach for helping those with chronic conditions, both mental and physical, that other therapies have failed to touch.
I firmly believe skilled bodywork is a powerful tool to help prevent and help reverse stress related ill health that is so prevalent in our lives today. My own experience of massage with chronic pain enables me to sensitively work with others with physical and emotional pain and this is central to my work.
Outside of the treatment room, I enjoy being outdoors walking, running or mountain biking. My other favourite place is the kitchen – cooking up nutritious plant based delights for my husband and son!
- Self Myofascial Release Therapy (Distinction) for Groups and Individuals (Myofascial Release UK)
- Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) OMT
- Integrated Myofascial Release Levels 1 – 3 (Myofascial Release UK)
- MTI Level 5 Diploma Sport and Remedial Massage Therapy (Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork – BCMB)
- MTI Diploma in Holistic Massage with Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology (Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork – BCMB)
- Kinesiology Taping KT1/KT2 (Kinesiology UK)
- Myofascial release of the foot and ankle (advanced workshop)
- Gokhale method (advanced workshop)
- Advanced Practice 3D Side Lying Massage (BCMB)
- Former Registered Dietitian and Paediatric Dietitian
- Former Sport and Exercise Nutritionist
- PgCert Sport and Exercise Nutrition (Coventry University)
- Master in Human Nutrition (Nottingham University)
Please contact me if you would like to book, or have any questions.